Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dreaming of California


I fell in love.

With California! I've always liked this sunny state, but after spending close to a week traversing its National and State Parks, driving by the Pacific West Coast, and enjoying its eternal sunshine (at least compared to New England, it seems eternal), I've firmly decided that I'm moving out west.

It's always been a childhood dream of mine to move to California. Not to sound corny, but dreams can and do come true. I'm gonna move, even if it kills me. If not next year, definitely the year after. That's not to say that I hate New England. Boston has been my home for the past decade or so, and I'll always be a East Coast gal at heart. But, after 10 years of the same nasty weather, the brooding Atlantic Ocean, and harsh accents, I'm ready for some Pacific loving!

I'll probably head out to San Francisco if I get a chance. Either somewhere downtown or in the burbs. Northern California, here I come!